ENGL 371 – Semester Paper 6-8 Pages + Works Cited page, MLA formatting
Part 1: Proposal – Due 10/24
Choose one topic below to write on. Please hand in a 1-2 paragraph proposal of how you are planning to work with the question by 10/24 (midnight)
Part 2: First Draft (5 pages minimum text + 1 page Works Cited), due Thursday, 11/17
Part 3: Paper Conferences
Part 4: Final Draft – Due Final Exam week
Topic – Choose One
- Literary analysis on one or two works. Use at least one critical academic article or outside source [interviews, etc.]).
- Film Analysis. Use at least one critical academic article or outside source [interviews, etc.]).
- Research – discuss one or more of the works from class in historical, political, or cultural context (Use at least 3 outside sources).
- Cross-domain project (involving art, music, advertising, television, psychology, sports, education, politics, etc.) Use at least 3 outside sources.
- Your own idea? Ask me! You may also propose multi-modal projects (text + other audio visual material meant to be published on-line).
- Grading Rubric:
- Fulfills Assignment 40
- Careful Writing 50
- MLA/Mechanics 10